Monday, July 14, 2008

Catching Up

I meant to post these right after the 4th of July, but I somehow got behind. :-) This was the boys' first experience with sparklers, and I think it's safe to say they enjoyed it!



The boys are having such a great vacation in Montana with Grammy and Grumpy. They have gone fishing, had numerous playdates, ridden motorcycles, helped feed calves, played in sprinklers, stayed up late watching a fire and eating s'mores, and today, they are at the lake. I can't wait to hear whether or not they were brave enough to be pulled behind the boat in a tube!
We miss them a lot, but it's been a blessing to have this relatively quiet time to ourselves to get to know Ascha. It's also been a blessing to get to sleep in! Aric almost never sleeps past 6:30, but after Ascha's morning feeding, she's quite happy to go right back to sleep, so we've been enjoying a more leisurely morning pace the past few days. Ascha's doing really well. She does have the normal fussy evening period, but after she calms down for the night, she sleeps really well. She's been nursing at 11pm, 3am, and 7am, and last night she stretched it even longer between feedings! We really hope this nighttime trend continues! When Ascha went to the doctor for her two week appointment, she had gained 12 oz. over her birthweight. She is in the 90+ percentiles for both weight and height, and she seems to be growing like a weed! We're so thankful that she continues to be healthy. I realized today that I haven't taken any pictures of her since "the grandmas" left. She is three weeks old today, so I have a pretty good excuse to break out the camera again. I'll try to post those pics later.
Jeremy and I are trying to finish up some house projects before the boys' return. I'm trying to unload boxes and sort through as much as possible while I have the leisure of leaving things spread out all over without anyone traipsing through my piles! Jeremy's working on getting our last two sink faucets hooked up, doing some finish work on the doors, and completing miscellaneous other tasks. There will be quite a bit on our to-do list for a while longer, but it's so nice to be living in the house, and it really is very liveable. I guess I also need to take updated house pictures now that we are all moved in to display "the final product." I'll try not to keep you waiting much longer for those. :-)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Nielsens- it's so good to see how you're doing! I really miss playing with Taylor and Aric, and congratulations on your baby girl! She's beautiful. Know that we're thinking of you!
Susannah your old neighbor

Smith Family said...

What a fun trip for the boys!