Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Aric Turns 6


On September 17, Aric turned 6. It's hard to believe he's that old already. If you don't believe me, just go back in the blog archive and see what he looked like when I started this blog.


On Aric's special day, I made pancakes for him and sent him off to school (where he acquired a very stylish birthday hat). When he arrived home, we had a little family party.


Birthdays are always a good time to try for a family picture. The one with Mommy in it didn't turn out, but all of my most-favorite people look pretty great in this one!



Taylor knew about Ari's big gift from Mom and Dad, because he test-drove it for us. He was supposed to keep the secret, but he gave Aric suggestive hints along the way like, "Your birthday present has wheels." Then, to make matters worse, Aric came to me sheepishly a few days before his birthday and said, "I was playing hide and seek, and when I went to hide behind the boat, I saw wheels sticking out from under a tarp." I told him to forget about it and stay away from that part of the garage (somehow I even maintained a straight face). He said ok and walked off. On his birthday, he was somehow surprised that he got "a gear bike," as mountain bikes are known around this neighborhood. I couldn't believe he was surprised, so I said, "Didn't you know???" He told me he'd tried very hard to forget. :-)


"Look, Ma. I'm 9!"

Best Friends and Great Brothers... I've loved watching them purchase gifts for one another with their own money this year. They are both very generous young men.

No comments: