Tuesday, September 04, 2012

Daddy's Little Princess


Ascha's art area sees heavy use. Nearly every day she climbs up and cuts, colors, folds, glues, or stickers whatever pieces of paper she can find. One day while Jeremy was upriver, she spent quite a bit of time on a project. No one helped her with ideas or execution. When she was finished, she said, "Look, Mommy... it's Daddy! He has a little hair, but not a lot." She even wrote "D-A-D-E" on it very carefully, sounding it out as she wrote. 

She is the proverbial "Girl with a Curl." She loves Daddy fiercely, but often plays hard to get when he is home. She is at that age where she's saying and doing funny, sassy, sweet, or noteworthy things fairly often. Here are a few recent examples:

I said, "Goodnight, My Princess." She said, "Goodnight, MY Princess!" and grabbed my face in her chubby little hands and kissed me on one cheek, then the other. Made my night. :-)

...

A little tune I overheard: "If you're happy and you know it, play with Hello Kitty. If you're sad and you know it, clean your room..." 
Can you tell what Ascha's biggest chore was today?


...

Ascha's sock met an unfortunate demise (the dog ate it). We threw away the matching sock. At bed time, Ascha nearly started crying as the implications sunk in: "My sock will be lonely! The socks were friends!"

No comments: