Tuesday, December 23, 2008

November Update

November was a month of playing "catch-up." 

When we got back from Montana, the first order of business was butchering Jeremy's elk. We got it all done, and the kids even got in on the fun. They helped us label the ground burger "Ham 08." They were both very proud to be helping out (and getting to use PERMANENT markers! That's big stuff around here. :-)

I spent November figuring out how to parent three kiddos without backup from a grandma. :-) It was the first time we'd been a family of five, living in this house, for any length of time "by ourselves." Jeremy went upriver a number of times, so I definitely got initiated. Between taking Taylor to school in the morning, doing reading lessons with Aric, having lunch, doing homework with Taylor, and nursing and caring for Ascha, I've found that I don't have much of a "day" until rest time comes. Taylor informed me that his friends don't have to take a rest every day...I reminded him that lots of his mommy's rules are different from other mommies'. :-) Truth be told, it's really MOMMY who needs rest time. Being more scheduled has been a good change for me, though. I have always had a love/hate relationship with organization, lists, and scheduling. They are very good for me, but I do enjoy throwing them out the window whenever possible. I think that rebellious phase has to disappear for a while (at least until the summer), because in addition to school, Taylor's going to start wrestling 2 nights a week in January.

With all this scheduling, I've been finding time for the necessary (time with the kiddos, keeping up the house, paying the bills, and playing where we can when Jeremy is home), and leaving the less necessary (emailing and blogging) for later. (You knew the excuse was coming, didn't you? Sorry I haven't been posting...I'll try to get all caught up before Taylor heads back to school and my routine takes over again. :-)

Enough about me...let's talk about baby!

Ascha keeps growing and growing. Here's an early November shot:


She discovered her toes:


She's becoming more and more fun for every member of the family as she grows and interacts.


Check out her personality! (And the handsome big boys, too!)

I particularly love this picture because it reminds me of the many pictures of Taylor half-strangling Aric. Aric often had an expression very similar to this one. :-)



1 comment:

Kami said...

Great pictures!! Ascha is getting so big!! And so are your boys! Have a merry Christmas!