Monday, April 10, 2006

SUNNY DAY




















The boys and I spent most of the day outside today soaking up the sun (amidst the clouds) and weeding / playing in the dirt. I wanted to get a picture of Aric smelling a flower, because it's such a cute ritual. He shouts "f'ower, f'ower," marches over in a business-like manner, grabs a stem, shoves it to his nose, blows on it by breathing out through his nose (so it makes a sound, which is what he thinks "smelling" is), then moves on seriously to the next bud. Of course, Taylor loves to smell the flowers, too, because he's a very olfactory person. He always notices smells and seems to be affected by them more than most people (or at least a whole lot more than me!). Today, he decided I needed to take a picture of him "smelling the tree," which is our giant arborvitae. I obliged, but the picture didn't turn out great. He also had fun on his "hand-me-down" tractor which used to be Daddy's. His feet finally reach the pedals!

In other news, Jeremy left this morning to go upriver on a 4 or 5 day trip (hopefully, he'll be home for Easter!!). We are grateful for the work - it's the first hours he'll post for the month of April. With Jeremy gone, my big assignment for the week is to go to bed at a decent hour. I think 11:30 is pretty decent, but I've only got 2 minutes until that deadline, so I'd better sign off for the evening.

I posted some pictures below of the fun trip Taylor and Aric took to the Oregon Zoo with their friends Jack, Emma, and Baby Levi (not pictured) a few weeks ago. Enjoy!

No comments: