Sunday, May 07, 2006

Easter, the Oregon Coast, San Francisco, and the Flu

Sorry it's been a while since we posted. We've been rather busy. Our Easter was quite fun, except that Aric had pink eye. We'd been treating it for a few days, so it wasn't an issue except he looked a little sad. We went to church in the morning, then had friends over and had a nice afternoon and evening of play and fellowship and celebration. After our great Easter, we all geared up for Jeremy's final Naval Reserve trip. He has gone to the Bay area for two weeks of service pretty much every year since he got out of college, and this was his last required year. Thankfully, this year I talked my parents into coming out to stay with me and the boys for part of the time Jeremy was gone (it didn't take much convincing :-). My mom actually flew in to Portland a few hours after we sent Jeremy off, so we didn't have much time to feel sad about Daddy leaving. We were all excited to see Grammy, and we had a wonderful week full of adventures. We went to parks, we went on walks, we played and played and played. One highlight was the day spent at the coast. The boys finally got to fly the kite they had gotten as a Christmas present, and Mommy got to go shopping at her favorite Children's Place outlet. It was a good day! On Thursday, my dad drove out from MT for the weekend, and Friday evening, I flew down to San Francisco for a whirlwind of a romantic getaway with Jeremy (more about that in a future post). I flew home on Sunday morning, and spent a nice day with my parents and the boys.The boys had quite a fun time "riding" the Grumpy horse and the Grumpy bull and learning the fine art of balancing on Grumpy's hands while he bench-pressed them! He looked like he had a weekend full of exercise! Grammy and Grumpy left Monday morning, and the boys and I were left with an easy 4 days until Jeremy returned home on Friday...or so we thought. Aric got the stomach flu starting Monday night, and had it pretty much the rest of the week. I got it on Wednesday (I think. It's all a little blurry cuz we were miserable) and didn't have it super bad; by Friday I was achy and tired, but done with the other symptoms. Jeremy returned home on Friday, and boy, was I glad to see him! Now we're just laying low trying to get all the way better, so I'm finally catching up a bit on computer stuff. I will post more details about our San Francisco trip after I get the pictures back and can post them.




5 look at those handsome Easter outfits

6 Grammy with her boys at the coast


6Taylor loved flying the kite and being king of the driftwood



6 Aric liked the kite, too!




No comments: