Thursday, June 21, 2007

Sharpshooter Sarah

I went to a handgun class for women last weekend. Even though I grew up in a family that hunted, I've never really had much to do with handguns. I've always been uncomfortable around them, and this class seemed the perfect opportunity to familiarize myself. The only time I've ever shot a handgun was a number of years ago when Jeremy and I took off into the woods here in Oregon. I tried to hit a tin can from 5 yards and couldn't, so I've always considered myself a terrible shot. However, this class taught me the basics of shooting, and apparently, I'm not such a bad shot after all. Below are two of my targets, and the "prize" I won for being the only one to shoot out the entirety of my "red dot" at 10 yards (the #4 target). The targets show my shooting from distances of 3, 5, 7, and 10 yards. I really enjoyed target shooting and I'll probably keep bugging Jeremy to go with me until it becomes our date night habit. :-)




"HANDGUNS ARE A GIRL'S BEST FRIEND!"

No comments: