Tuesday, April 01, 2008

It's Electric! ... and the Arrival of the Third Trimester



We are very happy to announce that the electrical rough-in was completed last week. As always, the next sentence begins, "Now, if we could just get the ______ done, we'd REALLY be making progress!" For this week, you can fill in the blank with "plumbing." Hopefully we can get that project wrapped up fairly soon. Then, we'll be about ready for inspections and, pending approval, for installing sheetrock. Once the walls look like walls, it'll feel a lot more like a house. We're looking forward to that day.



In other news, we're all doing well. This morning, at my 28-week OB appt., the boys got to help use the Doppler to listen to Ascha's heartbeat. Aric got to squeeze a big blob of goo onto the microphone, then Taylor got to put the mic to my belly. He immediately found the heartbeat and we all listened for a while. Then the midwife let each of the boys listen to their own heartbeats. It was a pretty cool morning. The pregnancy still seems to be going along quite well and Ascha is certainly an active little girl! I'm officially entering the third trimester this week. That means that although she's pretty big, she's still got enough room to "wind up" and put a lot of momentum behind her blows! :-)

Jeremy's upriver for a few days, which is always an adjustment when he's been around for a while. We're definitely missing him. He'll hopefully be home sometime around Thursday. When he arrives home, he'll have some extra help on the house for a few days, courtesy of our good friends from Idaho. They are coming for a visit and we are looking forward to having them around for about four full days! Jeremy and my friend's husband will probably be out at the house most of that time, but my dear friend and I will be playing up a storm. (Sorry guys - someone's got to watch the kiddos! :-) We're very thankful the weather report is looking up, because there will be six kids (ages 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, and >1) running/crawling around and the apartment might get to feeling awful small. Hopefully we'll get to go on many fun outings, and even if it's rainy, we will have SO much fun with our great friends. It's been too long since we've gotten to play and we love their company!

My time since Jeremy left Saturday night has been mostly spent trying to prepare for company. I have a hard time making my brain function normally right now (I'm really mourning it's loss, and am looking forward to that time, about 1.5 years or so from now, when it will return. I am already missing it sorely!), so thinking through meals and laundry and cleaning takes a lot longer than it should. Whenever I start something, I immediately find myself sidetracked and don't realize until two or three days later that I never actually did the first thing I set out to do. Oh, well. I am my own comic relief most of the time right now.

The boys are doing good. Taylor is in T-Ball so we're commuting to Battle Ground every Wednesday night and Saturday morning for practice. The weather hasn't been particularly conducive to outdoor sports recently, but it's been fun when we actually get to play with the other kids. I'll have to remember my camera one of these days and document the cute little ballplayers.

1 comment:

Smith Family said...

Hey Sarah! I've been enjoying reading your blog! This is my first time every leaving a comment =)... Hope you have a great time with your "friends from Idaho"! Tell them we say, "HI!"