Tuesday, July 08, 2008

So, perhaps you've noticed the wordless posts, often posted at strange times. I tend to only be on the computer while nursing, and while I can navigate the mouse just fine, typing with one hand is a bit of a challenge (especially in the middle of the night when I'm already sleep deprived! :-)

A bit of an update is definitely in order, though. Ascha is now two and a half weeks old and still healthy and beautiful and wonderful in every way! :-) We're all pretty enamored with her. Even Aric has decided that he not only loves her, but likes her, as well. Both boys love to sing "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" to her whenever she starts to fuss, and from day one, she has seemed to calm in response to their singing. We're debating what color her eyes will eventually be, and the other day, Jeremy said they looked "Pewter Gray." Taylor piped up, "I think they look COMPUTER gray!"

Speaking of the boys, they are in the midst of a great adventure right now. They traveled back to MT with my mom and will be there for eight days of "vacation" (from Mommy and Daddy :-) before we rejoin them. We will take a quick trip back next weekend to attend my middle brother's wedding (CONGRATULATIONS, AMOS & MEREDITH) and bring the boys back to WA with us then. My parents have wanted to have the boys for a "big boy vacation" for quite some time, so it's nice for them to have this time, and it's a blessing for Jeremy and I to get acquainted with Ascha and to have some intensive time working on getting things organized around the house.

Without the boys here, things are extremely quiet compared to what we're used to. My mom, obviously, is gone, too, and Jeremy's mom is headed out this morning to visit her folks in Canada, so we're transitioning from a very full house to a quiet, empty house.

Oh, yeah - an afterthought before I wrap this up. Today (July 10 - it's taken me two days to get these few paragraphs typed!) is our ninth wedding anniversary! (Kinda anti-climactic this year with all the other exciting things going on right now.) How did we get so old? :-) I am so thankful to be married to my best friend, and I'm looking forward to many more adventures together in the years to come. Thanks for all you are and all you do, Jeremy!

1 comment:

Kami said...

Isn't it funny when your "quite time" involves ONLY a screaming newborn?! Congrats on Ascha - she's a cutie!! And what's the secret to getting a girl? =)