Sunday, October 25, 2009

Family Resemblance

I've been marveling at how much Ascha looks like each of her brothers lately. Here are a few pics of her next to her older likenesses at the same age (approx. 15 mos.) as evidence:




Taylor and Ascha don't share as obvious of a resemblance, but there are definite times when she favors him. She's always been what we call a "nose squincher," and when I was looking back through Taylor's younger pictures, I was struck at how similar their "happy squinching" expressions are.




Usually, I say from the nose down Aric and Ascha look the same. They definitely have the same James family mouth and chin. In this picture, though, even the eyes seem to match. It's wild to take a picture and immediately think, "I already have this picture, with this same expression, taken years before you were born!"

No comments: