Thursday, September 13, 2012

Skibowl Adventure Park

For my birthday, I had hoped to go hiking or biking. However, the weather didn't cooperate, so we're saving those activities for another day. I had a one-on-one lunch with Jeremy (Thanks, Steph!), and in the evening we had sushi and went to the Harvest Days Cruise and saw lots of cool cars with the kids. The icing on the cake was watching The Vow (a definite chick flick) with nary a complaint from my sweet hubby.

My present, which I had asked for, was a family day at Skibowl Adventure Park. We went on July 24th and had a wonderful day. The highlight was definitely the Alpine Slide. We were so busy having fun sliding that we didn't take any pictures, but it's a 1/2 mile cement track. You ride down on sleds equipped with a handbrake, descending 350 feet at about 20 mph (you can definitely go faster or slower, though). We enjoyed riding up the chairlift and sliding down many times. Here we are on the chairlift:




After we'd had our fill, we drove to the other side of the park, where they're trying to establish a larger venue. Some parts were pretty fun, others were not what we'd hoped they'd be, but we did manage to spend our entire afternoon there having fun as a family. The biggest disappointment was that the pony rides, which Ascha couldn't wait for, were not going the day we were there. However, they did have the Kiddie Go Karts, which she enjoyed. There were a few hairy moments when she crashed into the edge, but she got the hang of it as we went along. 


The boys and I decided to try our hands at the climbing wall. Taylor had practiced the week before at Royal Ridges, but Aric's age group hadn't gotten to climb. Taylor was able to climb this wall all the way to the top. 


Aric did a great job for his first time and got pretty far, as well.


 We played a family game of mini-golf while we were there, as well. 



The batting cages were a hit with us grownups, but they were a bit fast for the boys. I batted until I got a blister on my thumb, then decided to call it a day.

I was so thankful to spend a day just playing and enjoying being with my wonderful family. I am so very blessed!



No comments: